Join us at a Virtual Town Hall Meeting where you can find out about Medicaid and you!
Effective October 1, 2020, most people will get the same Medicaid services in a new way – through new health plans.
The Department of Health Care Finance (DHCF) intends to award three new contracts to the following health plans:
- AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia, Inc.,
- MedStar Family Choice, and
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Community Health Plan District of Columbia (formerly known as Trusted Health Plan).
Medicaid benefits will stay the same, in fact beneficiaries may receive more services. There are no changes to eligibility. Coverage and care will not be interrupted.
Please join Medicaid Director Melisa Byrd for a virtual Medicaid Town Hall to learn more about upcoming changes to DC's Medicaid, Alliance, and Immigrant Children's Program.
The three Virtual Town Halls will be held on the following dates:
- Monday, August 24, 2020 at 1 pm
- Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 5 pm
- Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 11 am
You can register for one or more events at http://bit.ly/Medicaid-Reform
We invite you to join us to get updates on what these changes will look like and they may affect you.
We look forward to your participation.
The DC Medicaid Reform Team at DHCF