Media Contact: Phyllis Jones, Public Information Officer|
(202) 673.1937 desk (202) 631-3077 mobile
Washington, DC—The District of Columbia Office of Contracting and Procurement on behalf of Department of Behavioral Health (DBH) is seeking to award multiple contract awards to qualified individuals for part-time, paraprofessional positions called Child Associates in the Primary Project program. Primary Project is an evidence-based, early intervention and prevention program for young children in Pre-Kindergarten to Third grade who demonstrate mild school adjustment problems. The part-time position is a maximum of 25 hours per week depending on the number of children participating in the program and the availability of funds.
The deadline extension for applying is 2 pm, Friday, September 23, 2016. The contract will be effective October 1, 2016. The hourly rate for Child Associates is $16.00 per hour and payroll is monthly.
Primary Project services are provided in conjunction with school based programs that operate in certain public and public charter schools and child development centers. Child Associates will work with children who participate in the Primary Project.
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three years of verifiable, professional work experience, preferably in a child-related setting. A college degree in a child-related field of study is preferred. Interested individuals should be nurturing and love working with children. A Child Associate must attend mandatory trainings and supervision meetings, and conduct home visits when needed for parent/guardian engagement.
To apply, a resume and required contract documents must be submitted. Required contract documents to be included can be obtained from Meredith Alexander, Contract Specialist, by calling (202) 671-3173 or by emailing [email protected]. The resume and completed contract documents must be submitted by 2 p.m., Friday, September 23, 2016, by email to [email protected], or by mail or delivery to Contracts and Procurement Services, 64 New York Avenue, NE, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20002. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Ability to learn non-directive play techniques and document play sessions and contacts;
- Ability to work with pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade children;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with other child Associates, school and day care center staff, parents/guardians and others;
- Ability to pass a proficiency quiz on Play Session Techniques and the Associate-Child Rating Scale Measure within thirty days of the first training, and
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, including EXCEL and Microsoft Word demonstrated by passing a computer test administered by DBH and the ability to learn the data management system used by the Primary Project.
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 10-20 pounds and walk-up flights of stairs;
- Submit a District of Columbia “Clean Hands Act” clearance within 30 days of date of award, and
- Sign a Confidentiality Statement with DBH.
A negative TB test results and mandatory criminal background check clearance must be submitted within 30 days of selection.
For more information about the Child Associate position, contact Ms. Alexander at [email protected]