USE OF PLACE OF SERVICE CODE (POS) 51:
DMH Policy Manual 1000.2, MHRS Provider Authorization and Billing Manual, March 30 2010, Appendix A, Pages 1-4
The purpose of this Bulletin is to update and clarify the use of POS 51.
- POS 51 is used to insure that providers are paid for services rendered directly to their assigned consumers while hospitalized.
- POS 51 can be used for adults and children/youth services
- POS 51 may be used with any face-to-face service provided to the consumer including ACT and CBI.
Submission of claims for POS 51:
- Providers shall submit all claims with a POS 51 in a batch that is separate from all other claims.
- Providers shall submit POS 51 claims weekly, on Friday.
- When submitting POS 51 claims on Friday providers shall notify Melvin Barry and Christine Taylor that these claims are being submitted at [email protected] & [email protected].
For additional information or question please contact you Provider Relations Representative:
Tony Crews - 202-671-2908
Joycelyn Alleyne - 202-671-3214
Kevin Martin - 202-671-3218
Revised and Re-issued April 23, 2011