The District of Columbia Department of Mental Health is accepting applications for part time contractors to conduct Community Service Reviews of the District’s public mental health system. Community Service Reviews are a tool for assessing the quality of mental health services.
Applicants must be trained on the Community Service Review Protocols for adults, children and families used by the Department and have prior experience leading a community service review.
The deadline to submit an application is 5 pm, Thursday, February 7, 2013. The period of employment is February 12 through September 30, 2013 for a maximum of 25 hours per week and a maximum of five weeks. Reviews will be conducted at locations in the community and at certified mental health community based providers.
Community Service Reviewer qualifications:
- Mandatory training on the Department’s Community Service Review protocols (Community Service Review for a Child and Family, version 4.0 and Community Service Review for an Adult Service Participant, version 4.0)
- Mandatory experience leading a Department community service review and producing a CSR score sheet and review narrative
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the District public mental health system
- BA or BS degree preferred
An Optional Pre-Bid Conference to inform potential contractors of the bidding process and to distribute a required vendor application form is scheduled for 12 noon, Thursday, February 7, Suite 255, 64 New York Avenue NE. If you are unable to attend the pre-bid conference, contact Meredith Alexander at (202) 671-3173 or [email protected] for the vendor application form. A complete application must include a vendor application, a resume and a cover letter (two references are optional). The cover letter should explain the applicant’s ability to meet the qualifications and detail previous experience conducting a Community Service Review. The application can be submitted at the pre-bid conference, by email to [email protected], or delivered/ mailed to the Department of Mental Health at 64 New York Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002.
For more information, contact Andrew Pollock, the Community Service Review Manager, at (202) 673-3537 or [email protected] .