Washington, DC—The District of Columbia Department of Behavioral Health (DBH) is accepting quotes for a contracted Senior Child Associate in the Primary Project program. The Primary Project is an evidence-based, early intervention and prevention program in Pre-K to 3rd grades in certain child development centers and public and public charter schools throughout the District of Columbia. The part-time position is a minimum of 25 hours per week and a maximum of 35 hours per week depending on the number of children and availability of funds.
To be eligible for consideration, a bidder must have a minimum of two years’ experience working with children, preferably in a school or child care setting, and a Bachelor’s Degree in a child-related field of study. The Senior Child Associate works closely with teachers, families and clinicians, and provides administrative support that includes entering data, maintaining documentation, and processing referrals.
To be considered, an application must include solicitation documents that can be obtained from by contacting Markita Adams at (202) 673-2145 or Markita.email@example.com. The solicitation documents along with an application must be submitted by no later than 2 pm, Thursday, April 30, 2015, to DBH Contracts and Procurement Services, Second Floor, 64 New York Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20002.
A successful bidder must demonstrate:
- Knowledge of non-directive play techniques and ability to document play sessions and contacts;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Strong communication skills that foster collaboration;
- Ability to pass a proficiency quiz on Play Session Techniques and the Associate-Child Rating Scale Measure, and
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn the Primary Project data management system
A negative TB test results and mandatory criminal background check clearance must be submitted within 30 days of selection.
For more information, please contact Ms. Adams, at (202) 673-2145 or Markita.firstname.lastname@example.org.