- Dixon case
- Department of Behavioral Health Establishment Planning Committee
- Transition of Consumers from the DC Community Services Agency
- Emergency Crisis Services History
- Frequently Requested Information
- Saint Elizabeths Hospital Construction
- Partnership Council
- "Building Healthy Communities: Pathways to Success for Boys and Young Men of Color" - Fifth Annual Summit, Oct. 2015.
By federal law, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) is responsible for protecting the civil rights of institutionalized persons. Following a review of Saint Elizabeths Hospital in 2005, from January to June, the District Government and the Department of Justice on June 25, 2007 signed a Settlement Agreement (Agreement) [PDF] that outlines how the District will address alleged deficiencies without acknowledging liability and sets a timeframe for completing the changes. In October 2011, the District and the Department of Justice entered into a modified Agreement which suspended monitoring on approximately 115 requirements due to sustained compliance by the Hospital. The modified Agreement also extended its term through September 30, 2012, with a subsequent year of continued monitoring.